SURVIVORS' NETWORK events*:
- TONIGHT (April 19th): SAMFund Survivors' Network: LA is hosting a "Survivor Soiree" at Napa Valley Grille from 7-9pm! Come one, come all to meet other young adult survivors, have some appetizers (courtesy of The SAMFund) and enjoy some cocktails at happy hour prices... details are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/205908456175691
- This Saturday, April 22nd: SAMFund Survivors' Network: Chicago is getting together at Cortland's Garage from 6-9pm. Apps are on us, drinks are on you, and great company is a given! Check out the Facebook event for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/215967411838783/
*Please note: SAMFund Survivors' Network events are not in any way, shape or form fundraisers. They are designed with the sole purpose of giving the young adult survivor community - including friends, family members and significant others - a chance to make some new connections, share stories (if you feel like it) and move forward together. We cover the costs for each event so that you don't have to!
- Tuesday, June 5th: Join us in Chicago as The SAMFund comes back for its third event. We've done "Cornhole for Cancer Survivors" twice and thought it was time to switch things up... hope you can join us for (the tentatively named) "Suds for The SAMFund" at Haymarket, a local brewery. Silent auction, brewery tours and reconnecting with our community of SAMFund alums, Board members, volunteers and supporters - all while raising funds for SAMFund programs. Don't miss it! (Registration link will be up soon and we'll post it here on our blog.)
- Wednesday, June 13th: The SAMFund was thrilled to be chosen as this year's beneficiary of the South Shore Young Professionals Charity Golf Tournament in Hingham, MA! (Hint: if you want to come but can't afford the ticket, ask your employer to take out a sponsorship and send you as one of its golfers!)
- Saturday, June 16th: We are lucky to have friends who are a) ridiculously talented and b) willing to help us raise funds for our grants program. Join us at Church (near Fenway in Boston, MA) on the 16th for "Surviving, Moving and Groovin' On" featuring Pesky J. Nixon and three other local bands, as well as a great silent auction, lots of free food and a cash bar. This event will be especially meaningful as we will be raising funds to bring back the Andrea Coller Memorial Award which will be awarded this fall. Registration will be up soon!
- Wednesday, June 20th: Our first-ever fundraiser in LA! Details are still being worked out, but the event will be held at the beautiful Viceroy Santa Monica and is being coordinated by two of our awesome Alumni Leaders! Please let us know if you'd be interested in joining the planning committee - just email events AT thesamfund.org and we'll link you up with them.
We'll post more details soon, but for now please save (and share) the dates!